Track tryouts are coming! If your child is interested in running track this year, tryouts will take place on the following dates:
Girls: October 11th 4-5 pm
Boys: October 12th 4-5 pm
Boys and Girls Long Jump and Shot Put: October 13th 4-5 pm
This is for students ONLY to attend. Please have your child change into exercise clothes after school and meet Coach Rohr, Coach Capp, and Coach Bond outside by the tennis courts. They should have water with them. The tryout will consist of a 200 meter and 400 meter run. Long jump and shot put tryouts are on a different day. Below is some more information about track:
- Once your child makes the team, there will be required paperwork to complete, including a sports physical and proof of insurance. If you don't currently have insurance, please consider purchasing the low-cost school option on the forms sent home at the beginning of the year
- Practices will be Monday- Wednesday 4-5 pm
- Events include: 100 m, 200 m, 400 m, 800 m, 1600 m, 4 x 1 relay, 4 x 4 relay, long jump, and shot put.
- Coaches will pick events each athlete participates in for meets (up to 4 events)
- Once meets start, they will take place on Wednesdays from approximately 4:30-6:30 pm
- Team will take a bus to away meets (or students can ride with their family to the meets)
- The SCPS County meet will take place Saturday, December 11th beginning at 8 am at Hagerty High School ( athletes MUST be available this date to participate in track.
- The cost to participate in track is $60. Students receive a track team shirt as part of this fee, and there is an additional option to purchase a jacket or hoodie.
- All questions can be directed to Coach Capp at firstname.lastname@example.org, Coach Rohr at email@example.com, or Coach Bond at firstname.lastname@example.org